Today, 3 June 2019 is celebrated as World Bicycle Day across the globe by various nations. The celebration of cycle promotes a simple, affordable, reliable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transport.
Professor Leszek Sibilski from the United States had led a grassroots campaign with his sociology class to promote a UN Resolution for World Bicycle Day. Eventually with the support of Turkmenistan and 56 other countries, in April 2018 The United Nations General Assembly had declared 3 June as the ‘The World Bicycle Day’. The UN also with the marking of this day tried to devote the attention of the member states to include bicycle in their international, regional, national and subnational development policies and programs.
Today with the rising population and the money spending capability of the people, more and more two and four wheelers are being used. Eventually causing more health and environment-related problems.
There is an endless list of how a bicycle is beneficial.
- It stands as a global utility object that unites people regardless of their race, ethnicity, creed, class, sex and their age.
- As a form of physical activity is proven to cure various health issues like stress, mood, heart diseases, cancer, arthritis, body pain and both the types of diabetes.
- A huge contributor to air pollution is our vehicle. The use of Bicycles reduces the pollution and emission of greenhouse gases.
- Also, noise pollution can be eradicated by huge means.
- Catering to all, it is a mode which is easily accessible and comes in various price points.
- There are a lot of parking problems with increasing transports on the road. The bicycle ensures hustle free parking.
- With time people are realizing the health benefits, the sustainable approach of life and are trying to incorporate a better lifestyle. Many cycling associations and groups have been formed in several cities and countries. They are trying to promote Bicycle by organizing various cycle marathons, treks on cycle, night rides and more. Bicycle by this means also promotes a healthy way of socializing with friends and family.
With these many benefits who wouldn’t want to invest in one and take a better route towards the beautiful life and the world that we have?
Read on Lifestyle